Here are some things I have learned from this trip:
1. ALWAYS take an extra water filter or alternate method of filtration.
(our filter became very slow after a particularly pollen filled lake)
2. There are things that can stay home and it might be nice to have a lighter pack
(we have been hiking with packs at 40-45 lbs, but may aim lower next time)
3. If you can, always hike with an expert tarp putter upper.
(Ours was Rick-very useful on our evening of torrential rain)
4. It is all relative. ( we met someone trying to do the trail in 12 hours- unbelievable!)
5. If you know where the blisters are always going to form, put the moleskin on BEFORE they form!
6. A bug jacket may look ridiculous but it may save your sanity.
7. It is great to be able to cook and set up camp in full daylight, just difficult to stay awake until it gets dark.